Everything that you would want to know about Visitor visa in Canada
Going to another country is just not about packing your bags and taking the next flight out (like what they show you on Netflix). There’s a lot more involved and applying for your visitor visa and getting it approved is one of those essential things. Now, if you're coming to Canada, you would have to declare your purpose for coming here and based on that your visa would be determined. There are several options to choose from. These are:
- Tourism visa
- Study visa
- Work visa
- Temporary resident visa
- Even Super visa Canada (a long term option)
And you would definitely want to choose the right one as per your requirements without paying loads on it. The good news for you is, Star Immigration can help you with the application and can also advise you on what type of visa would be ideal for meeting your travel needs.
If you really want to categorise
Yes, there are several options available on visitor visas depending on your needs. However, if you want to classify them. they can all come under two primary categories: single-entry visas and multiple-entry visas. With a single-entry visa, as the name suggests, you can enter the country only once and with the other from the pair, you can enter the Maple leaf country as many times as possible (as long as the visa is valid that is). You should also know that multiple-entry visitor visas are valid for 10 years and your stay period for each entry is for around 6 months). If you have plans to stay for a longer period, then the Super Visa Canada policy can be ideal for you as a single stay period is of 2 years.
General visa requirements that you would need to submit
Now, for your travel visa to be approved, you should all of the important documents below. These are:
- A valid travel document such as a passport
- Proof that you don’t have any criminal convictions
- Proof of funds for your visit to Canada
- Letter of invitation from the person inviting you to visit Canada
- Proof the will not have plans on staying in the country long term
Make sure, you have these documents nearby as they come in handy when you’re filling up the application form. Also, do your best to be in good shape as would have to pass the immigration medical exam. For further details, contact Harmandeep at Star Immigration.
Processing time: How much time does it take?
With the Covid-19 pandemic still running rampant across the globe, processing your visa might take a bit longer than usual. It would also depend on the type of visitor visa services that you’ve applied for. Here’s a list of average processing times of different types of visas that might be useful to you, have a look.
- Express entry processing time: Generally takes around 6 months for skilled workforce applicant.
- Canada work permit: With the highest turnaround time for processing, it takes around 1-27 weeks as it depends on the office you applied at.
- Study permit: This takes around 1-16 weeks and depends on the country you have applied from.
- Visitor visa: Similar to work visas and study permits, the processing time of a visitor visa can depend on which country the applicant is applying from. Ideally, the time can vary from a couple of days to a few weeks for a Canada Visitor Visa processing time. If you apply from within Canada the processing time is only 12 days.
- Super visa: Most applications for a super visa is processed within a few weeks or less but can take up to 8 weeks. Processing times can vary based on the visa office and the country you are applying from.
For any queries, you can speak with Harmandeep at Star Immigration!
I want to extend my visa
Well, Canada has that effect on visitors. People who come don’t want to leave because of the generous Canadian hospitality they receive and there is an option available. If you want to apply for an extension, you would have to fill up the IMM 5708 Form. If your application is approved, you will receive a visitor record that would include:
- A document stating how long you can stay in Canada and
- The expiry date of the extension
Now, coming to the requirements of filling the form, you must be living in Canada when your visa is expiring and at the time your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay. You will also need to make sure that other permits that you hold (work or Study) will stay valid and not interfere with your visitor permit.
The final word
Canada has always been one of the global travelling hotspots due to its cultural diversity, job opportunities that it offers, delicious cuisine, beautiful tourist spots- the list is endless. Millions travel to this country every year and if you’re planning to visit, Star Immigration has the experience and knowledge to help you through your visitor visa process and make the experience a hassle-free one. If you’re not sure about your requirements, we can help you with that as well. Feel free to send us a confidential mail with your queries. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Canada Tourist Visa
Whether you want to visit your relatives or experience the Canadian winters while studying a short-term course, you can apply for a short-term visitor visa. While you cannot work on a visitor visa, you are free to experience the country in its true nature, however, you want. You can only use a visitor visa for leisure and tourism purposes and you cannot apply for work or work on a visitor visa. However, there are different categories to a Canadian visitor visa.
- Family and friends visit
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
- Parents and grandparents visit (super visa)
With a visitor visa, you can take your dependents and children along with you, and the visa is issued within 27 days of submission of the application.
Eligibility Criteria for a Visitor Visa
You might have to meet certain entry requirements to apply for a visitor visa. The requirements change from person to person depending on their situation, purpose, and other details. Although some of the common ones are as follows:
- You must provide proof of sufficient funds to support yourself and your dependents during your visit to Canada
- You cannot seek or undertake a job while on a visitor visa
- You must be in good health, should not have any criminal records, and should be ready to comply with the laws of the country
- If you are planning to visit your relatives or parents, you must provide an invitation letter from their sponsors
- People from certain countries may require a temporary resident visa (You can get in touch with the consultants of Star Immigration for the country list)
- You must not have any intentions to stay longer after the visa validity
- You might also require a medical exam
Services We Offer for Canada Visitor Visa
Trust our certified and experienced consultants to make sure your application process was smooth and has the highest chances of getting approved. We will be glad to answer any of your questions regarding your visitor visa to Canada. Call Star Immigration today.
- Reviewing your documentation
- Determining the best strategy for your visa
- Helping you to present your case so that the chances of a personal interview is minimized
- Advice on how to show your finances
- Handling all the paperwork for you
What are the documents required for the visitor visa application?
- A passport with a validity of 6 months or more
- Documents to prove your current citizenship and your ties with your home country
- Financial statements as proof of sufficient funds for your stay in Canada
- An invitation letter from your relatives, if your purpose of the visit is to visit them
- Medical clearance
Canada is one of the most dynamic places you can visit and millions of people travel every year to the country. Star Immigration has the experience and knowledge to help you through your visitor visa process and make the experience a hassle-free one. If you feel you still need some time to think this through but still want some advice, you can feel free to send us a confidential mail with your queries. You can find the contact form on the Contact Us page and we will be happy to help you with any assistance you need.